32º East | Artist Residencies
Our residency is back!
Flexible in format, our residencies are focused on assisting an artist to develop into the next stage of their career. This can include the development of a concept, pushing the limits of their respective mediums and/or intensive research.
Our residency offers:
– Studio space for up to three months: 24-hour access to a private, lockable studio
– Weekly transport per diem (for travel within Kampala)
– Monthly materials budget
– Free lunch at 32° East
– An art specific and Africa focused library with journals, magazines, books, catalogues and DVDs
– Mentorship opportunities with 32° East staff and previous artists in residence.
– Access to Mac computer (with Adobe Creative Suite and Final Cut Pro), scanner, projector, medium-format camera, digital printers
– Outdoor meeting and discussion area
– Weekly one-on-one or group critique sessions
– Documentation of residency through a 2-minute video profile and photographs
– Opportunities to meet visiting arts managers, curators, journalists and collectors
– Potential to collaborate with our over 100 members
– Accommodation for artists coming from outside Uganda
This fully funded residency programme is supported by Ignite Culture: ACP – EU Culture Programme (Eastern Africa) Culture Programme (Eastern Africa) and is available to Ugandan and East African artists only. This fund is being implemented by HEVA, in partnership with the British Council Kenya with the financial contribution of the European Union, and with further support from the Organisation of ACP (African, Caribbean and Pacific) States. It is part of the global ACP-EU Culture Programme.
Residences will take place at 32° East for up to 3 months from October 2022 and 2023 in Kampala, Uganda. We will be hosting the residencies in collaboration with Afropocene Studio Lab as we complete the new 32° East Studios.
This fully funded residency programme supported by Ignite Culture Programme (Eastern Africa) and is available to Ugandan and East African artists only.